Sunday, April 09, 2006

Normal's Great When You Get It Back....

...is a current advertising slogan (for some brand of car insurance, I think). I like it (the slogan). There are times when I wish for more, more, more.... more excitement, more travel, more money, more clothes, shoes, rooms in the house (bedrooms and toilets in particular), more patience, more brains etc. etc. etc., but when I was lying in hospital for several days after a ruptured ectopic pregnancy all I wanted (and I really, really wanted it so much) was for everything to be back to normal (and it's the same whenever things go pear-shaped). It's then that I realise how much I love walking up to Asda to do my shopping, cooking ready-brek for Michael and Isabel after an early wake-up call, watching Coronation Street (having already read what'll be happening in "What's On TV " magazine - yes - slightly ashamed of that one....), listening to Radio 4 (ah, that's better - much more "middle- class" than Corrie and "What's On TV"), and all the other routine, every-day things that fill my time and constitute my life.

Hope this posting makes sense - Isabel is biting my right arm and Michael is talking incessantly at my right ear making it hard for me to concentrate on what I'm doing (perhaps I should go and be a mummy again now)! Actually, it sounds like a rather bad sermon, doesn't it. Ah well, I shall publish and be damned! "Would you all please stand now for The Creed"!!

1 comment:

Louise said...

I have only just stopped purchasing said TV listings magazine, I too found myself watching programmes knowing what's going to happen...