Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Giant Punn - Intended

The other evening I attended a training event for Sunday School teachers. It was much more fun than I'd imagined. In fact I made a couple or three great new friends that evening and the woman who facilitated the event was excellent. It soon became apparent (especially during a game of "bible bingo") that she'd not only read the bible from cover to cover, but knew the thing inside out, back to front and everywhich way. Anyway, one of the activities that she suggested for younger children at Christmas time was to show them a selection of Christmas cards and ask them which of the pictures related to the Christmas Story - the Incarnation. "I mean" she said "fluffy robins with red bobble hats...?!?!?!?!?!?!"

"Aha" methought "she clearly does not know her Gospels after all: In the beginning was the bird, and the bird was with God and the bird was God....."

I did warn you.

Catherine: get round here with that rioja.

1 comment:

Louise said...

At 9.53AM?! And I thought I had problems... Good taste though, can't beat a good Rioja.