Friday, April 07, 2006

I've planted a CD in the garden

For some time now a cat has been using the plot just outside our front door as a toilet. I think it's a cat; it could be a fox. Anyhow it's definitely got regular bowel habits - Gillian whatsername would be proud. Michael narrowly missed falling into a recent offering, so I decided that the time had come to take action against it and I made straight for the internet. Needless to say there's plenty of on-line advice on what to do to prevent cats from do-doing in your garden. Having surfed at great length, I decided that the most effective option would be to place mounds of lion poo out there - apparently this fends off cats and is easily obtainable from a zoo. Mario's face said it all when I suggested replacing the odd cat turd with a sackful of lion poo! ("Oh yeah, I hadn't thought of it that way....").

So I opted for Plan B: place CDs in the garden (as cat see its own reflection, thinks it's another cat and is scared off), and Plan C: scatter used tea bags doused with olbas oil here and there (I don't know how this is meant to work). Anyway, so far, so good (and I've only planted one CD as I don't actually have them to spare). We've not had a poo for a good fortnight. Although we have had a lot of comments from visitors and passers-by!!

3 comments:

Solidus said...

We've got hundreds of spare CDs (really!). Just ask when you're over next week :-)

pax et bonum

Anne said...

That's what I was going to say, but he beat me to it. Ah well.

But anyway, the one you have may burst into bloom and produce lots of little baby CDs...

Louise said...

Been there, done that! No, the tea bags didn't work, whether drenched in Tea Tree, Bergamont or Orange oils. Cats supposedly don't like citrus, I think they just try harder to mask it! And just for the record, the lion poo doesn't work either, I was the daft bint that tried it...