Saturday, June 03, 2006

Now then let's see if I can get this to work....

Here are some photographs.



This is the bed that Mario and I recently planted. In time it will hide his (beloved) shed. He sees no reason to hide the shed. But I do. We dug and planted this bed one evening whilst the children were asleep in bed (can not garden properly when they are awake). We were still digging and planting at 11.00pm, but we enjoyed a good bottle of bubbly in the process. We couldn't see our finished product until the following morning as it was really dark by the time we'd planted the last shrub!



And these are the knitting needles that my friend Anne sent me in the post today, as a reward for persistence in her caption competition (made in USA and painted in Russia and then returned to USA for assembly). I have fallen in love with these knitting needles - in fact it was a case of love at first sight. My next knitting venture will definitely make use of them. You can just see a tiny bit of the scarf that I am knitting to the left of this photo. It's there to tease you... I have a proper photo of it but I can't get it to appear upright. I'll have to fathom that out and get back to you...

8 comments:

Louise said...

Nice shed. Looks just like the one at the bottom of my garden, before it go blown skew-wiff by the hurricane last year. Moved 18" to the left overnight and has never been the same since!

Louise said...

'Got blown', that should read. One voddy and oj too many.
Only had one, doesn't bode well!

Anonymous said...

Nice bed - digging until 11 sounds fun - esp with bubbly to go with.

Glad you like the needles :-)

(And the tiny bit of scarf is very tantalising - do show more - please!)

Ruth said...

I could show more. Now, this minute, but you'd have to turn your screen on its side to see it properly!

I shall give you the choice: sideways, or wait till Ruth can get to grips with modern technology!?

Louise said...

You should have a rotation tool somewhere, look for an arrow.

Ruth said...

Ah, yes. I can rotate alright. but it won't stay that way. The minute I place the upright picture on my blog, it's fallen flat again. Never mind. I have a cunning plan.... but you'll all have to wait till tomorrow.... Sorry. Woooah there crowds of disappointed readers. Tomorrow. You will get to see the less-than-half-finished-scarf tomorrow.

Louise said...

Funny that, I can get mine to stay rotated, but not where I want them to be in my post. Very frustrating! Comes from years of Quark at the newspaper and then using very basic tools again. It's just not cricket!

Rainbow dreams said...

Lovely bed, am pleased we're not alone in our late night gardening escapades - I was treated to a flood light to garden by when it started to become a habit :-)
Never been treated to bubbly in the processs though