Thursday, June 22, 2006

Conversations with my husband

He was sitting on his sofa and I was sitting on mine, and we'd just caught the last 4 minutes of the England Vs ??? match (I like to hear the match analysis following a game, as coaching and people-management interest me - kicking balls doesn't though - so we switch on for extra time and the natter. Pretentious? Moi?)

Me: Who decides where the world cup takes place?

Husband: [answered question. don't remember answer. I think it contained lots of "Fs" but I don't know how many because I'm no genius (see previous post)]

Me: So which sporting competition is it where the winner hosts the next event?

Husband: That's the Eurovision Song Contest

Me: Oh yeah.

Husband: (eyes fixed on TV) shheeesh

Me: (eyes also fixed back on TV) hng

3 comments:

Louise said...

Hope you had a good holiday, I missed you!

We go camping a week on Saturday and I am soooooo excited! New lists have replaced my completed items, we have a large pile of 'stuff', all essential, under our stairs.

Somehow, good marriages seem to be similar. My sister and brother-in-law do. My husband and I do, but our television doesn't 'recieve' sport. Unless it is equestrian...
Welcome home!

I need to blog.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!

Mir said...

Ha ha ha... What a funny conversation!

I do NOT have a clue about World cup, soccer, football, or anything like that.. and I wouldn't even pretend to know anything about it. So I could see myself asking the same questions as you. HA HA HA.

Your poor husband would be in a tizzy having us as bookends, wouldn't he?

"Why didn't they get the goal? How come that player is standing still.. shouldn't he be running over there? Which team is playing again? So.. we WANT the blue ones to win??"

Ha ha ha..