Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Sigh

I can think of nothing to blog about. This is unusual for me. Normally there's loads I want to spill out onto my blog. But today and of late, nothing. So I'm going to indulge myself in this meme which I found here www.repressedlibrarian.blogspot.com

1. Have you ever been searched by the cops?
No. I was once stopped (on suspicion of driving without L-plates shortly after I'd passed my test - I mean how insulting is that!) but it all came to nothing.

2. Do you close your eyes on roller coasters?
Yes I do.

3. When's the last time you've been sledding?
I can't remember - probably early teens (there was a hill behind our house)

4. Would you rather sleep with someone else, or alone?
Depends upon the weather.

5. Do you believe in ghosts?
No

6. Do you consider yourself creative?
yes - but not today

7. Do you think O.J. killed his wife?
Probably - but I know very little about the case.

8. Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie?
I'm sorry, I don't know who Angelina Jolie is. So Jennifer Aniston

9. Do you stay friends with your exes?
No.

10. Do you know how to play poker?
Yes. And I have played strip poker. Twice.


11. Have you ever been awake for 48 hours straight?
Yes. I have two children

12. What's your favourite commercial?
The prize would have to go to this one, because it's years since it was on our screens and I still remember the words:

We're here on a picnic
You can join us if you be quick
We've got lots of tasty goodies
And of course Country Life

It's fresh and it's English
It's better than you could wish
You'll never put a better
Bit of butter on your knife...

13. What are you allergic to?
Lots of types of make-up cause my eyes to water and swell.

14. If you're driving in the middle of the night, and no one is around do you run red lights?
No.

15. Do you have a secret that no one knows but you?
Yes. I have a birth-mark that's so well hidden that not even I knew about it until I was 15 years old. So make that answer "no" now.


16. Boston Red Sox or New York Yankees?
Red Sox (only because Mum recently visited Boston and bought a Red Sox T-shirt home for Michael. Otherwise I'd never have heard of either.

17. Have you ever been ice skating?
Yes

18. How often do you remember your dreams?
Frequently.

19. When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried?
Too long ago.

20. Can you name 5 songs by The Beatles?
Yes.

21. What's the one thing on your mind now?
It's hot

22. Do you know who Ghetto-ass Barbie is?
No.

23. Do you always wear your seat belt?
Yes.

24. What cell service do you use?
No idea.

25. Do you like sushi?
Yes.

26. Have you ever narrowly avoided a fatal accident?
I don't think so

27. What do you wear to bed?
T-shirts (belonging to husband) He pretends to find it annoying.

28. Been caught stealing?
Yes. Sigh.

29. What shoe size do you have?
6

30. Do you truly hate anyone?
No.

31. Classic Rock or Rap?
Classic Rock

32. If you could sleep with one famous person, who would it be?
No-one. I'd like to dine out with Stephen Fry.

33. Favourite Song?
I'll plump for "The Long and Winding Road"; but there are loads - I mean I love Judy Garland's classics

34. Have you ever sung in front of the mirror?
Oooh yes.

35. What food do you find disgusting?
A lot of what I cook is disgusting

36. Do you sing in the shower?
Yes

37. Did you ever play, "I'll show you mine, if you show me yours"?
Yes

38. Have you ever made fun of your friends behind their back?
Yes. I went through a phase of imitating people's voices and mannerisms whilst at school. People would laugh. I thought I was being simply amusing. In fact, I was being pretty horrible.

39. Have you ever stood up for someone you hardly knew?
Not for anyone I hardly knew, I don't think.

40. Have you ever been punched in the face?
I was punched in the mouth once whilst doing karate. I was day-dreaming at the time. (serves me right for #38, don't you think)

3 comments:

Louise said...

Another "steal" coming right up, I rather like this one. And it's shorter than the one I pinched from Anne!

Anonymous said...

I felt that I had to break in and comment here, probably just reinforcing what your mother says about blogging and all and the strangers that wander by, but anyhow...
I came to your blog from Hammer's (I appreciate your comments) after Hammer commented on my friend's blog and then mine...
So it's a rather distant connection but here I am all the same, a mom from the States who likes what you have to say.
And then you pick up a meme from one of my dear real-life friends, the repressed librarian.
The blog-world is oh so small.
Cheers

Ruth said...

Jenny - it's absolutely lovely to hear from you! I read your blog quite frequently (having found it via Hammer's, of course!!!!). You are actually on my list of favourites, along with repressedlibrarian and pastormom. It's lovely to "meet" you!!

Must go now as I've a train to catch (it was silly to think that I could just quickly check my blog for two seconds before dashing out, wasn't it! I'll have to run down the road now if I'm to get to the station on time....)!

Best wishes to you and thank you for commenting. I love your blog. It has helped me to re-gain my sense of sanity on more than one occassion.