Thursday, August 31, 2006

Modelling

Airfix are in administration. According to the BBC News at One today, the reason for their demise is that children now spend their time watching TV or playing computer games rather than building Airfix models.

I built one or two Airfix models as a child - plastic aeroplanes, assembled with glue and then painted. I especially enjoyed tugging tiny plastic pieces from their mould without losing them - some were teeny

Anyhow, I must remember to stock up on a few models whilst they are still in the shops - for Mikey for the future. I bet everyone will do that now - they'll fly off the shelves and sales will never have been so good. (The same thing hapened when C&A announced that they were closing - sales reached record highs in their last 6 months).

1 comment:

Louise said...

Yet another step toward the end to our era. I'm becoming a version of my mother, I don't like change!