Wednesday, November 01, 2006

No-one knows the secret...

My blog is soon to have a little sister blog (ahhhhh). Whilst at mother's recently, I found this.....


It contained, not only this.....


...but also old family photos and things like this....



My new blog will be a 'family history' blog (of little interest to anyone except me and possibly some of those related to me, I know, but I need somewhere to dump all of my research - it's currently lying around all over the place on tiny scraps of paper)!

This IS interesting by anyone's standards, though. It's a wedding that took place during the 39 - 45 war, when wedding dresses were out of the question and the cake was probably hidden beneath a cardboard mock-up:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Black Magic, hey. Now there's a blast from the past, with the red ribbon and everything, (except the chocolates...)

Who's wedding?

I'll be following this sister blog with avid interest. I haven't found out much of my own family history, but it's just a facinating subject regardless of the family. Although, yours does hold a little interest, of course.

x

Anonymous said...

Family history.., so fascinating. My own family's is so, er, botched, that there's not much to know (was great-grandpa really stolen from rich parents and raised in poverty by people who weren't really his folks? probably not...), so I attached myself to hubby's. His grandparents both emigrated from Norway in the 30s and were such interesting people...

Anonymous said...

Just spent a little time re-reading my comment. It doesn't sound how I meant it. I know what I meant!

Ruth said...

Hi Jenny - that does sound interesting. I think that some of my distant relatives went to the USA at some point - there's a branch of Horsfields out there!

Louise - I see what you mean - but I think I understood it the way you'd intended !!

Mary Beth said...

What wonderful finds!