Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Oh GREAT. Absolutely BLOOMIN' BRILLIANT!

8.00am, and Mikey's still not out of bed (unusual, mind you he did seem restless during the night)

"Come on now, Mikey" I call. "We've a fun day at the fair today - AND you'll be getting a tractor ride" (I've been looking forward to today for ages - friend and I plus children all off to a farm-type theme park).

I hear a cough from Michael's room. But it's not an "I've got a cold" type cough. Oh no. It's that other sort of a cough. That "I'm about to throw up everywhere type cough"

Before I know where I am, I have him in my clutches, standing before the loo. I'm thinking "OK, that's the next week written off now - first him, then her - she'll inevitably catch whatever it is; I'm thinking: minimum 4 days of vomitting". (I also felt tremendous sympathy for my little boy, really I did. It's THE most unpleasant thing, isn't it).

Back to bed he went, with lots of lovely cuddles, plenty of towels and a bucket ("No, not that one Mario, that's full of bits of plaster and DIY gunge - isn't there a clean one....?" (Husband's working from home this morning and was looking forward to a bit of peace whilst we were out!!!!))

"I hope I'm better by Friday" said Michael.

"Why?" I replied.

"Because we're going on holiday on Friday," he reminded me.




Oh yes.







We're meant to be going on holiday in 48 hours time.











Update: he's asleep on the sofa.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not nice. :-(

Hope he gets better quickly, and that no one else comes down with it.

pax et bonum

Mary Beth said...

Poor guy. There's very little worse than vomiting. I'm sorry you're going to miss your outing today...it sounds like lots of fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh poor Michael - lots of cuddles. And poor you - I have having vomiting children. (Actually, vomit is John's job in our household...)

I hope he's better soon - and that Isabel stays clear of it. (And you and Mario of course).

Ruth said...

Sigh.

Not a day I want to repeat.

Thank you for your kind words and thoughts. (And you, Louise - Louise can't comment at the mo, but she e-mails me instead)

I daren't update you on Mikey because if I say he seems to be getting better, I'll hear that cough again and ....

I smell of bleach.

Mir said...

Ewww.. one of the worst mommy duties!

I'm sorry for your son's condition. I hope that all is well now.