Sunday, December 03, 2006

Name Dropping

So there I was, manning the 'second hand toy stall' at the annual church Christmas fete and wondering how I'd survive the next one and a half hours without collapsing in a heap with boredom, (no-one wants to buy second hand toys at this time of year), when who should appear before me? Jonny Vegas! Yes. THE Jonny Vegas. At OUR Christmas fete. I realised that I knew him before I realised how I knew him, if you know what I mean, so I chirped a very cheery "hello", as if greeting a long lost friend. And he responded, and he was lovely.

That's not my only claim to fame though. Oh no. I can't believe I haven't told 'my blog' this before, but for several months I lived with (i.e. we lodged in the same house - separate rooms; all very platonic) Alan Biley. Go on, google him. He's worth a google - the hair's just priceless!

And the other week I saw Ricky Gervais in a hotel bar (have I mentioned that before?) and I'm forever bumping into Chris Evans, of all people.

6 comments:

Louise said...

Ciara once gave a bouquet of flowers to Barbara Dickson at the opening of the new theatre in Louth. Not my claim to fame as such, but at least I know who she is. Ciara doesn't and doesn't remember the event either.

My great-uncle Cecil once took the Queen Mum on a trip on his boat on the River Alde too. I rather like that story.

Me? Well, no, actually, I haven't. Oh, apart from meeting Jack Brymer once and getting his autograph. Only significant if you were ever a clarinetist.

Ruth?

But no, noone else.

Totally insignificant. As usual.

(Slinks away quietly to iron school uniform for tomorrow...)
xx

Mary Beth said...

I don't know that I'd know Ricky Gervais if I saw him in a bar, but that's a pretty fun claim to fame!

Mary Beth said...

Alan Biley, now that is some fabulous hair.

The only names I can drop are country music/Contemporary Christian musicians that may not be so well known in the UK.

BUT, back to the tubes discussion of your previous post, my ear/nose/throat doctor who put in my tubes is the father of Reese Witherspoon!

Louise said...

Oh my, that is some hair...

Ruth said...

Barbara Dickson, Queen Mum and Reese Witherspoon. I am impressed!

Anonymous said...

Well, I've been kissed by Ian Botham, chatted to Glenda Jackson (she opened the youth theatre where I played oboe in the orchestra), followed Mary Archer down the road (it's true, she's fragrant) and frequently bump into Rory McGrath (or however you spell it) in Waitrose.

Oh, and once I nearly fell off my bike when I realised that I'd just cycled past Terry Waite!!!