Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Wishing

If you were granted a wish to dine
With anyone living or dead
Who would you choose for a meal tonight
And what do you think would be said?

I know who I'd pick right away
I'd choose to spend time with my dad
We'd hug and laugh, discuss life and death
I'd listen like I now wish I had.

Today I pledge to value my time
With husband, daughter and son,
Because time is cheap when it seems never-ending
And priceless the moment it's gone.



On the morning of my dad's death I suddenly panicked that I might actually have given the old jumper that he'd lent me years ago to Oxfam, as I'd been intending to on many occasions. I was so relieved when I ran to my wardrobe and found it still there. It's now in my box of most precious treasures.

1 comment:

Louise said...

I have just read your entire blog, slowly and carefully, instead of the usual 'speed read'. I find this piece absolutely stunning, to me, for obvious reasons.
You should be published. You must have friends in the right places. Get it sorted!